Pad Thai Recipe and Video Tutorial
When foreigners think of Thailand, there are few things that come to mind quite so quickly as Pad Thai. Sweet, sour, salty... it's a delicious blend of flavorful comfort food.
You will need the following ingredients:
- Tamarind paste, 1 1/2 tbsp.
- Palm sugar, 50 grams
- Fish sauce, 6 tsp.
- (or, for an easier version, substitute all of the above with a premade sauce packet)
- Oil, 1/2 cup
- Protein (We are using 1 kilo minced pork. You can also use shrimp.)
- Garlic, 8 cloves, minced
- Onion, 1 chopped red onion
- Tofu, 1 block, diced
- Dried shrimp, 1/2 cup
- Thin rice noodles (pad thai noodles), 1 large fistful
- Water, 1 cup
- Chives, 4 cups, chopped
- Bean sprouts, 3 cups
- Peanuts, 1 cup, chopped
- Dried chili flakes (optional, to taste)
- White sugar, 1 tbsp
- Lime, quartered to serve
And you can watch our video tutorial here: