As many of you know, David and I will be flying out to Thailand on Thanksgiving for our survey trip of the Isaan region. This is an important step in our pre-field process, and it would be a huge blessing and encouragement for us to know that there is a solid foundation of prayer support as we head out. We know that many of you will be praying for us daily while we are away (and we are so grateful!), but we are also asking anyone who feels led to sign up for 1-2 days that they will commit to intentional and specific prayer throughout the day or even fasting if you feel called to do so. You can sign up for a day here, and we have put together a more detailed, day-by-day prayer guide for anyone who is interested in knowing our daily prayer needs while we are away. If you'd like a copy, please respond to this email, and we will send one your way. Thank you for bearing these burdens with us! We are so grateful.
A few main prayer points for our trip:
1. Clear direction and confirmation of our calling- specifically that God would give us a deeper love and burden for the Isaan while we are there among them.
2. Discernment as to what the next steps might look like in this process, specifically for insight as far as which language school/city God is directing us to.
3. That God would connect our hearts with the missionary team that is already there training in Ubon.
4. Minimum effects of jet lag and good health for travel so that our time can be as effective and well spent as possible.
5. That we would be united as a couple and would grow more deeply together through this experience.